VividHeads™ are printed in full color with a photo-realistic
quality; on our high fidelity six-color Giclée
printer. We can print photos, logos, fades, scans, graphics; almost
anything you can imagine onto a drumhead! This
allows you to have cool graphics and fun exciting colorful backgrounds.
We then bond the graphic edge-to-edge
to the entire front surface; creating the sound quality of a 1.5
ply drumhead. Each head is protected with a strong UV surface film.
Check out examples in our Photo Gallery.
Direct to Drumhead Printing Issues
We do NOT print ink directly onto bass drumheads. Here is why:
process allows the head to breath while providing optimal sound
VividHeads feature a natural muffling system; NO additional muffling
responsive head with a warm controlled sound.
• VividHead images will not chip, scratch or flake off.
• Our special low-glair Luster finish is perfect for photographing
and live performances.
• VividHead images are machine pressed onto the head; producing
a superior product
By following our instructions, you will be able to create
a quality VividHead.
• Read our Designers Guide for Builder
to prepare your digital files. Take these files and build your drumhead in realtime using our online drumhead builder app. You can see and instant proof. Place your order and we will then make your drumhead and ship it out to you. This is a faster process.
Drumhead Setup Help
• Read our Designers Guide to prepare your digital file. After you have placed your order, Upload
Your File directly to our FTP server and we will work up your proof(s) and email them back to you for your approval in 2- 3 days.
Advanced Instructions (Preparing Digital Files)
• Our Advanced Instructions
page will help you create a professional digital file, suitable
for producing a quality VividHead Drumhead.
• TIPS, TRICKS, RESOURCE AND MORE...CHECK
Design using one of our Templates. It's easy. Download and reopen
in your favorite design program:
this template if you design with Raster Programs: PhotoShop,
PhotoDeluxe, Corel Photo, Corel Photo-Paint, Paint Shop Pro,
this template if you design with Vector Programs: Illustrator,
FreeHand, Corel Draw.
Send Us Your Digital
After you have placed your order, Upload
Your Digital Files directly to our FTP server.
VividHeads are made with AQUARIAN and Evans brand drumheads.
Bass Drumhead Sizes
• 16" 18" 20" 22" 24" 26"
28" 30" 32" sizes.
• We can make any of our Catalog
VividHeads in any of these sizes; even if they are not listed.
• Yamaha Hip-Gig kits require a tom-tom Head. 16" and
18" tom-tom heads are a custom order item. Contact
us for more info
- Other Brands and Regulator™
• We CANNOT use these drumheads to manufacture a VividHead.
WHY? because we adhered the images with a press machine (not by
hand) Other brand drumheads do not fit into the machine templet
and will damage our equipment.
• Regulator™ drumheads have a muffling ring and our
machine will damage the drumhead. A Regulator drumhead would also
kill the punch sound of the head because it would muffle it too
much. After we adhere the graphic, our VividHeads produce a natural
muffling system; NO additional muffling is needed.
- Clear Drumheads
• We can use clear drumhead to make VividHeads but your
image will NOT be transparent (see through). The image will only
be adhered to a clear drumhead..
You can light up a VividHead drumhead from the batter side or inside with a light source. The Aquarian heads we use to make VividHeads work best from experience.
• We offer Mic Hole Installation
and can install a mic hole in your VividHead. Keep in mind how the
Mic Hole placement
will effect the over all look of the image.
offer four mic hole options:
• Simple Port Holes: Can be installed in any size you wish More
• Port Rings: 2" 4" 5" 6" & Ovals - 8 colors to choose from More
• Hole Reinforcers: 5" 5.5" 7" & 9" More
• KickPort - drum sonic enhancer - 4 colors to choose from More
• Our in-house design staff can work with you to
develop that perfect band logo or custom graphic image.
- Working with a Designer
For the unique drummer interested in working with a designer to
create a total customized Drumhead with your style and image. More Info
Scanning and Logo Redraw Services
We can scan your original flat art; photos, CD Covers, drawings,
logos, etc. Contact us for more info
• Before you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that may infringe upon any copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party; make sure you have the legal right to use the content you are sending us; by transmitting you agree to our Policies
If you purchase images from a stock photo company, make sure you have purchased the correct usage license. These companies are getting strict on copyright enforcement. Keep in mind that your are advertising your band and that many of these sites DO NOT allow you to use Trade Names, Trademarks, Logos or Service marks on top of their images (a service mark could be your band's name). Royalty free images are NOT free to use anyway you wish. This term is confusing so you must read all of the fine print.
Read up on Copyright and Trademark law before you start designing your artwork or using images and photo with your works.
- DO NOT copy images or photos from websites
For example, do not take images from Google.com , Yahoo.com or Bing.com . Most of these images are Copyrighted and the quality is normally too small for making large size drumheads or banners
Turn Around Time (For This
• VividHeads normally take 2 to 3 business days from final
• Custom order items such as drumheads we do not stock, might
take us longer to reproduce. Contact us for
• Rush services are available - Orders CANNOT be shipped same
day. Contact us for more info
Shipping Info (For This Product)
Most USA orders are shipped USPS Priority Mail service. More
• We can ship all over the world. More
• Express Mail and FedEx Express services are available (Orders
CANNOT be shipped same day). More Info
• VividHeads are shipped in a shipping box. More
• We warranty all of our products. More
| Services | Info